Welcome

To the Seminary, and Beyond!
Follow us as we embark on our journey through the seminary and into ministry to which God has called us!

Don't forget to subscribe to get all the latest updates!

July 5, 2012

Finding Light in a Dark Place

I have a stack of vocabulary cards several inches high.  Greek is getting more and more complex.  But all of this frustration and hard work is worth it.  I've already learned how the Jahovah Witnesses use the Greek texts of John 1:1 to defend some of their beliefs, and how in doing so they are manipulating the Greek syntax to try and make it say something it does not.  I've also already learned a lot of nuances in the Greek that do not get carried over to the English, like emphasis and the Middle voice.  I hope that one day my hard work pays off and I will be able to communicate all of this to my congregation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! We would love to know what you think! Please leave us comments or questions and we will try to respond as soon as we can!