Welcome

To the Seminary, and Beyond!
Follow us as we embark on our journey through the seminary and into ministry to which God has called us!

Don't forget to subscribe to get all the latest updates!

September 3, 2012

6:00 AM

It is currently 6:45 AM and I have been up for 45 minutes.  It's part of a new schedule I am putting myself on to try and better discipline myself with time management.  From 6:00-7:00 I have "Getting up/ready time," which also includes things like checking my e-mail and facebook and all of that other jazz.  It's going to be a challenge, but I am determined to do it because I know that if I can get through the mornings and start off on a good foot, I will most likely be able to stay on a good foot.

The next thing that I have on my schedule is personal devotional time at 7:00 until I would be leaving for class between 7:30-7:40.  I want to start my day off with God.  One of the first things we talked about in orientation was spiritual warfare.  As we were told, if you think that seminary is a spiritual vacation, a retreat from reality, you are as Dr. Hartung put it, "delusional."  More than ever I need to be sure I am suiting up every day in God's spiritual armor.  This is the time that I am going to give at the beginning of the day completely to Him.  That is why this comes after "Getting up/ready" so I can deal with all of that stuff and not be focused on, "What time is it?  I want to check e-mail/facebook."  I'm looking forward to this time.  It will be nice and refreshing.

The rest of today is kind of up in the air since I do not start classes until tomorrow, so we shall see how it goes.  For now, it's time for me to sit down with my Savior and talk.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! We would love to know what you think! Please leave us comments or questions and we will try to respond as soon as we can!