Welcome

To the Seminary, and Beyond!
Follow us as we embark on our journey through the seminary and into ministry to which God has called us!

Don't forget to subscribe to get all the latest updates!

October 5, 2012

Fall Has Arrived

Fall is officially here in St. Louis. Yesterday was 80-something and today is 51 and rainy. You know, just some normal St. Louis weather. Another reason I know that fall is here is because of Oktoberfest. The seminary community will be celebrating tonight in true German style. I'm looking forward to it, even with the rain pouring down.

We are 5 weeks into Timothy's quarter of Hebrew & Greek Readings (or as he put it today, "I'm half way done with Hebrew!"). I just finished my third week at Concordia Plan Services (CPS). I've decided that the words "Open Enrollment" mean massive mailing and even more paperwork. In other words, we're slammed and I've lost track of the number of envelopes I stuff each day. I also finally did my audition for the St. Louis Civic Orchestra and will be playing with them for a year. Needless to say, Timothy and I are getting into a rhythm, a fast and somewhat hectic rhythm, but a rhythm nonetheless.

One part of our week has become Tuesday night Community Meals followed by Financial Peace University (FPU). Each Tuesday I race home from CPS, grab my viola and our FPU homework and head to campus for a delicious community meal. (Can you say buffet?) We have an hour to just spend time and unwind with other seminary families. Then we go to class. Financial Peace University is a unique thing. If you've never heard of it, look it up or look up Dave Ramsey. Although we're not really in the right place to be dumping debt (as this last lesson explained), it has changed the way Timothy and I view and manage money. Granted, we aren't finding the tuition payment in our earnings, but we have found how we can manage everything to be able to put some money toward both tuition and student loan payments. Over time, we'll get to be debt free (though it may take numerous years after the seminary). I'm really enjoying the class, even though I have to skirt out early to make it to orchestra rehearsals. Tuesdays are becoming one of my favorite days of the week, despite the hectic schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! We would love to know what you think! Please leave us comments or questions and we will try to respond as soon as we can!