Welcome

To the Seminary, and Beyond!
Follow us as we embark on our journey through the seminary and into ministry to which God has called us!

Don't forget to subscribe to get all the latest updates!

December 3, 2012

Institutional Module

At the Seminary as part of our fieldwork experience we have what we call "modules."  There is both an institutional module and a cross-culture module.  For the winter quarter I will be doing my institutional module at Lutheran Senior Services.  To be honest, this was my last choice out of all of our options, but being later on in the alphabet I didn't have much choice.  Right now though, I'm thankful for that.

On Sunday, I went for the first time to Meramac Bluffs, my assigned location.  I was only to observe worship so I sat next to a resident and struck up a conversation.  I really enjoyed myself and the worship was good.  After service I talked to my supervisor he told me that it is going to be really relaxed.  My only requirements are to show up on communion Sundays to help with worship and for the rest of my hours I can do whatever I want.  So, after more talking, I decided that on Tuesdays I am going to show up around dinner time to just walk around and have dinner with the residents.

I'm looking forward to all of the stories I will get to hear and the people I will get to know and learn to love.  I know this is something that is going to stretch me and put me in situations that I won't be comfortable in, but I pray that God helps me to love all of his people through this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! We would love to know what you think! Please leave us comments or questions and we will try to respond as soon as we can!