Welcome

To the Seminary, and Beyond!
Follow us as we embark on our journey through the seminary and into ministry to which God has called us!

Don't forget to subscribe to get all the latest updates!

March 22, 2013

May I breath now?

A LOT has been going on recently.  With a new term (which isn't quite new anymore) I am back to reading, writing, and studying.  This term I have so much more reading assignments than I've had yet.  I'm enjoying the classes though.  There is a lot that I am learning that I didn't know before and there is also quite a bit in my classes that are fun.  They are keeping me busy though.  Unfortunately, they have also kept me from going to my men's group on Tuesday nights thus far.  I'm really missing the guys and the fellowship and can't wait until I am able to go back.  On top of class and school work, I am attending my cross-cultural module.

I am helping out at World Impact, an inner city ministry that has the mission of seeking out individuals in the community to raise up and train to be leaders.  I help out on Thursday nights which is basketball nights.  The night starts at 6:30 with a Bible study for all of those who are interested in going a little deeper.  Then at 7:00 the court opens for 5 on 5 games.  They each last about 10 minutes.  Helping to organize this is crazy insane, especially where there are 40+ guys that show up.  Last week this happened and I was in charge of keeping the list of names and organizing the teams.  It was not the easiest but I made it out alive.  Then between 8:00 and 8:30 we will break for Half-Time, a shorter evangelistic Bible study.  This week I lead Half-Time and we read the Parable of the Prodigal Son.  I was a little disappointed because one of the guys I really wanted to be there left before Half-Time.  I think it sank in with some other guys though.  Then after Half-Time basketball continues until 10:00.  Needless to say, getting out of classes at 2:00 I don't have a lot of free time Thursdays.

This week has been extra crazy because my boss at the school store, Erika, went on vacation and put me in charge of the campus store.  With class schedules, we have five other guys that I have been in charge of in order to cover a full day.  It has been interesting and not always easy.  There was one point where there was a confusion over the schedule and I had to work 15 minutes because someone was told he wasn't working when he was supposed to be.  I was fortunate enough he got there before I had to go to class.  There has been a few other issues...I'll just say were not here for our math skills.  But overall, just the busyness has been what has been wearing me out.  I'm the only one who knows the process we have to go through to make coffee (thank you Health Department) and I'm the only one with a key to the store and any mishaps fall on me to take care of.  Campus Tours also fall under the Campus Store and though we haven't had many scheduled, that was just another thing to add to the plate.  I don't envy my boss and can't wait until she gets back on Monday!

Even though this week has made me go full speed and be stretched in all kinds of direction, I'm still here and I'm still alive.  It has helped me confidence in myself.  I know everything hasn't run smoothly, but it's still running and mistakes have been fixed.  The store is still standing, and I've come up with some ideas to make it run easier the next time Erika leaves.  My paper was written and turned in completed yesterday and I'm confident I aced my exam today.  I can do this.  I can be a good pastor and I can be a faithful leader.  I thank the Lord for giving me this opportunity to be stretched because He has shown me that I am able to be stretched without breaking.  He has also shown me that He has made me strong and able.  Thank you Lord for all that you have done.  Let your name be praised.

Did I mention that we are dog sitting this week?  And into next week?  For two different people?  Thankfully the only overlap was yesterday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! We would love to know what you think! Please leave us comments or questions and we will try to respond as soon as we can!