Welcome

To the Seminary, and Beyond!
Follow us as we embark on our journey through the seminary and into ministry to which God has called us!

Don't forget to subscribe to get all the latest updates!

December 8, 2014

The Nutcracker

On Saturday, I played in the pit orchestra for the Wichita Falls Ballet Theatre's productions of The Nutcracker. After four grueling months of rehearsals, everything was over after two performances. I'm glad I had the opportunity to play. This was the first full-length ballet that I have played and it was exhausting. If I could have watched the ballet, I'm sure it was fantastic. The reviews have been highly complimentary.

And now, I begin the recovery process. Which means, just keep moving forward. The community orchestra's Christmas concert is only 8 days away. It should be rather exciting! Concert will feature bag pipes, hand bells, two soloists and a youth choir.

Our family is in the rush toward the New Year in the only way that clergy families know how. The advent cantata is only a week and a half away. Timothy will be narrating and I will be playing hand bells. 10 members of the Roth family descend on Wichita Falls in just under two weeks. While they are here, we will be celebrating Christmas, complete with Christmas dinner. Two days after their departure, we will be celebrating Christmas Eve and Christmas Day just the three of us. And then a week later, we will be ringing in the New Year. (And a week after that, Timothy and I will celebrate our third anniversary.) Winter is a busy season for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! We would love to know what you think! Please leave us comments or questions and we will try to respond as soon as we can!